You Must have Two Working Keys (keys that start your car) to perform this procedure. If you only have one working key or none at all it must be programmed by a dealer or locksmith! Your New third (unprogrammed) key must also be cut prior to performing this procedure.
1. Insert an existing (working) key into the ignition cylinder.
2. Turn the ignition cylinder ON (just shy of starting the car Without cranking the engine) and back to OFF. Ignition should stay in ON position for at least one second.
3. Remove the existing key and WITHIN TEN SECONDS, insert a second working key and turn to ON and then back to OFF. Ignition must be on for at least one second but no more than ten seconds. Remove key.
4. Insert the New (unprogrammed) key before twenty seconds have elapsed and turn to ON. Leave it in the ON position for at least one second and turn back to OFF.
5. The security light will light up for THREE seconds to indicate the new key has been successfully programmed.
Posted by enrique on Sat July 27th 2013
There is a procedure to programing without second key.
Posted by MESSI on Wed September 19th 2012
hi, can be programmed without a second key?
Posted by Unknown on Fri July 22nd 2011
dealers get you any way they can. It took me longer to walk to my car to program it, then it did to actually program it. thank you for saving me tons of money. will be buying an extra one incase I loose it again.
Posted by le2n4e5i on Fri April 22nd 2011
can be more happy. easy to program and save money+++++